Friday, July 12, 2013

Holding the Sacred Space

Oh Goddess
You are strong in me today
Each visit you stay longer
and imbue me with your power,
Discipline and strength

I train myself daily to step inside your mantle
Clothe myself in your armor
casting spells of seduction
weaving charmed circles around
those I honor with my dominance.

Within my boundaries--
Lines drawn in the sand--
They are safe.

Naked, bound, and beaten
They are free to cry and scream
and wail in pain
and pleasure
as I hold the space

Bent over, cowed, and humbled
I bring them over the edge of shame
and into a land of release and tears
Finally freed
As I hold the space

Released from gender roles,
Societal expectations,
and the pressure of control
I take it all onto myself
Allowing them to breathe into the pain
As I hold the space

Lovingly, firmly, I hold them
to a higher standard
Through my strength I show them their own power--
As I hold the space

For truly, what is more powerful than a man who can show weakness,
vulnerability and tears?
What is rarer than a woman who knows what she wants and can bear the weight of her lover?

I strive to emulate you, Goddess, in my love
my work, and my dominance
As I hold the space.

With each caress and blow I carry them past their fears,
limitations and wounds
Freeing them to live unbounded lives
As I hold the space.

Once I release the bounds of rope,
The weight of chain
Rubbing the sore spots
They exhale in pleasure and relief
Able to endure another day in this
weary, beautiful, and trying world
And I hold the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment